The term ‘visitor’ used below refers to anyone (including patients and their family members, other visitors and contractors) making use of The Springs Health Centre premises and services (except employees for whom the Equal Opportunities/Anti-Discrimination (Employment) Policy applies).
The Springs Health Centre:
- will ensure that all visitors are treated with dignity and respect
- will promote equality of opportunity between men and women
- will not tolerate any discrimination or perceived discrimination against, or harassment of, any visitor for reason of age, sex, gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belie
- will provide the same treatment and services (including the ability to register with the Practice) to any visitor irrespective of age, sex, marital status, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief
The Springs Health Centre actively promotes and supports the ethos and the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
This Policy applies to the general public, including all patients and their families, visitors and contractors.
- Discrimination by The Springs Health Centre or visitors/patients against you
If you feel discriminated against
- You should bring the matter to the attention of the Duty Manager
- The Duty Manager will report the incident to the Practice Director who will investigate the matter thoroughly and confidentially within 5 working days
The Practice Director will establish the facts and decide whether discrimination has taken place and advise you of the outcome of the investigation within 10 working days
If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you should raise a formal complaint through The Springs Health Centre Complaints Procedure
- Discrimination against The Springs Health Centre staff
The Springs Health Centre will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment of our staff by any visitor. Any visitor, who expresses any form of discrimination against, or harassment of, any member of our staff, will be required to leave the premises forthwith, if the visitor is a patient, he/she may result in being removed from the practice’s list.